Saturday, February 14, 2015

Happy Valentine's Day from South Dakota!

Happy Valentine’s Day!

The romance genre isn’t one I usually reach for, though it sometimes provides me with a little escape from reality. (Maybe romance novels are realistic in your world. If so, good for you!) That said, I enjoyed the escape from reality I got from Rose Ross Zediker’s quilting romance series. They have recently been released in 1 package as “Dakota  Love.”


 So why does this non-romantic like these romances? 5 reasons:

1) They are set in my home state, which the rest of the country considers fly-over, if they consider it at all.
("South Dakota general map 2" by Jon Platek. - Base topography map is from the public domain National Atlas, as were several layers used as reference points. Highway shields were by User:SPUI and released to the public domain. US locator map was by User:Theshibboleth. All other work was done by the uploader.. Licensed under CC BY-SA 3.0 via Wikimedia Commons -http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:South_Dakota_general_map_2.png#mediaviewer/File:South_Dakota_general_map_2.png)

2) The author is from my area, so she has written authentically about it. And, in full disclosure, I know her personally and consider her a friend.

3) The main characters are “of a certain age.” You are never too old for love! I liked reading books with characters closer to my age than the usual silly 20-somethings. (Sorry if you are a silly 20-something. You’ll outgrow it.) Those romances or mystery-romances make me want to jump into the story and yell advice at the main character.


4) The quilting theme in this series gives a homey feel to the stories. I’m not a quilter, but I do appreciate the art and craft.

("Baby quilt in pinwheel pattern" by Jim from Lexington, KY, USA - [1]. Licensed under CC BY-SA 2.0 via Wikimedia Commons - http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Baby_quilt_in_pinwheel_pattern.jpg#mediaviewer/File:Baby_quilt_in_pinwheel_pattern.jpg)


5) And speaking of art, I love the cover art of this new package—“our own” beautiful Falls Park!

What are your favorite stories for Valentine's Day?


5 comments:

  1. Jane,

    You made my day when I saw this post. I'm so glad we are both writers and that our paths crossed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rose. I am happy to feature this package for Valentine's Day, and hope you had a good one!

      Delete
  2. I also like the cover of Dakota Love! South Dakota is more than prairie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, and it's nice to see something beautiful from East River, not the Black Hills. Thanks for stopping by, Debbie.

      Delete



  3. Free ebooks i have read it and it was very good.
    Read it now before it deleted
    http://freedigitalstuff.com/?l=free_ebooks_gifts


    ReplyDelete